Shell IT Assessed Internships
Location - The Hague, Rijswijk, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Starting dates - flexible
Are you looking for an exciting IT internship opportunity in an international organisation? Do you want to join one of the largest IT teams in the world? An Assessed Internship is an excellent way to get to know Shell from the inside and get to know the energy industry. It can also help you decide what career is right for you. You’ll have full day-to-day involvement in actual projects, selected to match your IT interests and abilities.
What we look for
You are enrolled in a University Master's Degree programme related to IT, e.g. Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Technology studies, AI, Big Data or another technical degree with an affinitiy for IT, demonstrated through your resume.
You are available for 3-9 months
You are available for at least 4 days a week
What we offer you
A real project with a significant level of business impact
An internship that can be combined with master thesis research next to working on a Shell Project
When successful in the Assessed Internship it could result in you being offered a full-time role in our IT Graduate Programme.
Grasp of research questions:
- What are the business benefits of an enterprise data model?
- How will disruptive technologies change the future of the IT function?
- How to apply machine learning techniques to get `data at your fingertips‘?
- How to work around bias in artificial intelligence?
- What is a sustainable chatbot architecture across a sprawling chatbot estate?
- What are the key technology building blocks to enable a contemporary digital conglomerate?
- What are logical microservices for Shell to consider across their portfolio’s?
Please note that the topics presented are just a grasp and are certainly not limited to those. We will help you finding a project matching your interests and requirements from university .
Ready to apply?
To secure an assessed internship position, please apply online through the 'Apply' button.
When applying, you will be asked to complete the standard graduate online assessments. You’ll be evaluated on your capacity for analysis, decision-making and creating workable solutions, as well as your drive, enthusiasm, resilience and confidence. To allow enough time to find the best place for you and your topic in our organisation it is recommended to start application 2-3 months before your intended start date.